Board of Trustees
The seven-member Mesa County Libraries Board of Trustees governs the Mesa County Public Library District. The Board of Trustees adopts and oversees the budget, bylaws and policies; conducts long-range planning; and hires and evaluates the library Director. Trustees serve a five-year term, renewable once. Trustees are appointed by the Mesa County Commissioners. Trustees are unpaid volunteers. The Board meets once a month (with the exception of November), usually on the last Thursday. Time is set aside at each meeting for citizens to be heard. We welcome you to join us at our monthly meetings. Send comments or questions for the Board of Trustees to: email@example.com.
Public Comment Policy:
In order to ensure a fair opportunity for public comment and to allow the Board to maintain control of its meetings, the following procedure for public comment is in effect.
- A public comment period will be provided at all regularly scheduled Board Meetings of the Mesa County Libraries Board of Trustees.
- Citizens of the Mesa County Public Library District may address the Board only during the time specified for public comment unless otherwise allowed by motion and approval of a majority of the trustees.
- Each speaker is limited to three minutes unless otherwise authorized by motion and approval of a majority of the trustees.
- The official body authorized by law to act on behalf of the District is the Board of Trustees, not individual trustees, administrative staff or employees.
- Speakers will address comments to the Board and not to individual trustees, administrators or staff;
- Trustees will listen to public comment and consider the comments during their deliberations as a Board;
- Trustees will not answer questions or engage in debate during the public comment period;
- Speakers may be directed to staff or other sources for responses to questions raised during the public comment period.
This Policy was adopted by a unanimous vote of the Library Board of Trustees in their regularly scheduled meeting on September 27, 2012
2014 Officers: Barry Blanchard - President, Elaine Barnett – Vice President, Joe Taylor - Secretary Trustees: Dean DiDario – Trustee, Linda Davidson - Trustee, Jean Yale – Trustee, Laurie Tashiro - Trustee
Board Meeting Schedule, Agendas/Notices and Minutes
All regularly scheduled meeting are on the last Thursday of the month at 5:30 p.m. in the Central Library Community Room 2 unless otherwise noted on the agenda. There is no meeting in November and an early meeting in December.
|2014 Meeting Schedule||Agendas/Notices||Minutes|
|January 30||Agenda||Jan 30 Minutes|
|February 27||Agenda||Feb 27 Minutes|
|March 27||Agenda||March 27 Minutes|
|April 24||Agenda||April 24 Minutes|
|May 22 (note: was 29th)||Agenda||May 22 Minutes|
|June 17 (work session)||Agenda|
|June 26||Agenda||June 26 Minutes|
|July 24 (work session)||Agenda|
|July 31||Agenda||July 31 Minutes|
|August 28||Agenda||August 28 Minutes|
|September 25||Agenda||September 25 Minutes|
|November 10 (Good Governance Committee)||Agenda|
Resources for Trustees
- Colorado Library Law and Quick Guides
- Library Board Training Information
- Colorado Public Library Standards
- Colorado Association of Libraries (CAL)
Additional financial documents are available upon request. Please call Laurie Cole with any budget questions: 970-683-2401 Annual Audit Report