Novel Idea Bookstore at Central
Our used bookstore, brought to you by Friends of the Mesa County Libraries, is located in the west hallway of the Central Library. They offer a wide selection of materials for all age groups.
Used Books at Our Branches
- Clifton, Fruita, and Orchard Mesa have book sale racks managed by Friends of the Library.
- Palisade has a book sale room managed by the Palisade Auxiliary group.
- Collbran has a book sale rack managed by Plateau Valley Friends.
- Gateway has a paperback exchange (no charge).
Book donations are not accepted at any library locations. Donations are handled by the Friends of the Library group and should be dropped off at the First Congregational Church across from Grand Junction High School at 1425 N. 5th St.
- Donations are accepted 24/7 at the northwest corner of the church parking lot.
- Please leave donations in weatherproof cupboard.
- PLEASE NO ENCYCLOPEDIAS OR MAGAZINES
For questions about book donations, please contact Maggie at 970-201-0868 or 970-243-5940.
The Central Library has a magazine exchange on the lower level. Feel free to drop off unwanted magazines and take as many as you like! Please take your name and address off magazines (if applicable) before donating, for security reasons.