Mesa County Libraries are seeking volunteers to fill a variety of needs at several library locations.
Among the specific needs at the current time are:
- Shelvers and general library volunteers at the Orchard Mesa and Palisade branches.
- Shelvers at the Central Library.
- Language tutors for one-on-one tutoring in the Adult Literacy Center at the Central Library. This position requires a minimum commitment of six months.
- Teen volunteers for the Summer Reading Program from May 26-Aug. 1.
- Volunteers to assist with Comic Con, a one-day event at the Central Library on Saturday, May 2. Volunteers will act as greeters, help host activities, and help with setup and cleanup. The event is 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Saturday, May 2, with setup and cleanup before and after those hours.
People interested in volunteering may apply online at mesacountylibraries.org or in person at the relevant library locations. For more information about volunteering at Mesa County Libraries, contact Volunteer Coordinator Pat Morehouse at firstname.lastname@example.org or 970-683-0383.