Every year Forbes magazine publishes its list of must-read business books. This year’s list, compiled by David Burkus, includes many titles available at Mesa County Libraries. The other titles are also available by request. The Mesa County holdings include:
- Originals: how non-conformists move the world by Adam Grant
- TED Talks by Chris Anderson
- Grit: the power of passion and perseverence by Angela Duckworth
- Small Data: the tiny clues that uncover huge trends by Martin Lindstrom
- The Confidence Game: why we fall for it … every time by Maria Konnikova
- Deep Work: rules for focused success in a distracted world by Cal Newport
- Sprint: how to solve problems and test new ideas in just five days by Jake Knapp, Josh Zeratsky, and Braden Knowitz
- The Inevitable: understanding the 12 technological forces that will shape our future by Kevin Kelly.
If these books inspire you to get down to business and you need a place to work, check out Factory, a coworking space that is a joint venture between the library, LaunchWest and the Colorado Advanced Manufacturing Alliance. As a library patron, you are able to use the open coworking space up to 5 times in any 30-day period for free.