April is National Poetry Month, and to celebrate, we’re doing another Poetry Contest! We encourage those 18+ to submit an original poem by April 19th, 2015. The top three poems will be awarded prizes and will be featured on our website during the month of May.
POETRY CONTEST RULES
- Poems can only be submitted online using the form below. No poems will be accepted in person, in any format, at any library branch.
- Poems must be the original, previously unpublished work of the submitter.
- Length of poems cannot exceed 40 lines.
- Poems must be suitable for a general audience, e.g. no profanity, vulgarity, etc.
- There is a limit of 2 poems per entrant, up to 40 lines each. Please use a separate form for each entry.
- Contest is open to Mesa County Libraries cardholders 18+.
- Deadline for entries is Saturday, April 19th at 6pm.
- By submitting a poem, you agree to let Mesa County Libraries use your poem on our website. The copyright is retained by the author.
- Poems will be judged on originality, creativity, grammar, artistic quality and adherence to the length limit of 40 lines. The decision of the judge is final.
- Names will be taken off each submission when judging to ensure impartiality.
- Staff of Mesa County Libraries are not eligible for entry.
- Prizes: the top three poets will receive a $10, $15 or $20 gift card to Downtown Grand Junction.
The contest will be judged by Dr. Randy Phillis, professor of English at CMU, and author of the poetry collections: A Man Explains His Posture and Kismet, Colorado.
Please call 970-243-4442 or email email@example.com with any questions.