A series of monthly meetings to provide information to the local immigrant community are scheduled from January through June in the Mesa County Libraries Central Library Community Room, Fifth Street and Grand Avenue in Grand Junction.
Information at the meetings will be presented in both English and Spanish. Topics to be discussed at the meetings are:
- Appointments for driver’s licenses: Assistance and requirement information
- Information about the Legal Immigration Assistance Program, and the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) and Deferred Action for Parents of Americans and Lawful Permanent Residents (DAPA) programs
- The risks of using non-accredited services for immigration assistance
- Other valuable information about community resources.
Meetings are scheduled for the following times:
- 6-8 p.m. Monday, Jan. 25, 2016
- 6-8 p.m. Monday, Feb. 22, 2016
- 6-8 p.m. Monday, March 28, 2016
- 6-8 p.m. Monday, April 25, 2016
- 6-8 p.m. Monday, May 23, 2016
- 6-8 p.m. Monday, June 27, 2016
Meetings are sponsored by the Hispanic Affairs Project and Mesa County Libraries.