Looking for something fun, engaging, and free to do this summer? Registration is open now for Summer Reading at Mesa County Libraries!
This year, Summer Reading will feature a Summer Entertainment Series jam-packed with magicians, musicians, and puppeteers performing at all eight Mesa County Libraries locations. Summer Reading is open to all ages at no charge, and summer readers will have a chance to win a variety of outstanding prizes.
Participating in Summer Reading is easy: Just sign up online or at any Mesa County Libraries location, keep track of your reading, and win prizes for achieving each reading level. Complete the third level to enter a grand-prize drawing. It’s that easy!
When you participate in Summer Reading, you can read anything you want. Browse our collection in the library or online, or ask any of our helpful librarians to suggest books that you might like. Along the way, make time for fun events and activities that will keep your summer hopping.
Join us for one of the magical kickoff parties May 25-June 2 featuring either magician Ann Lincoln or Cody Landstrom. Both are favorites who entertain their audiences with marvelous magic tricks that will keep you wondering just how they did that! You can find the full schedule for the Summer Entertainment Series below.
Teens get their very own Kickoff Party from 5-8 p.m. Friday, June 2, at the Central Library, 443 N. 6th St. The Teen Party, open to youths ages 12-17, will feature a life-sized, glow-in-the-dark PacMan game, a photo booth, video games and board games, and crafts.
Adults will find a variety of interesting and insightful events this summer at Mesa County Libraries, including presentations about topics such as the types of shelters the early Utes used in the mountains of western Colorado, hunting for mushrooms, and the history of mining in the region. A full schedule of all Mesa County Libraries events is online.
Thousands of Mesa County residents of all ages participate in Summer Reading each year. You can, too! Sign up now.
SUMMER READING AT MESA COUNTY LIBRARIES
2017 SUMMER ENTERTAINMENT SERIES
All performances are open to the public at no charge!
Magician Ann Lincoln
- 10 a.m. Thursday, May 25, Clifton Branch
- 2 p.m. Thursday, May 25, Gateway Branch
- 6:30 p.m. Thursday, May 25, Central Library in Grand Junction
- 11 a.m. Friday, May 26, Collbran Branch
- 2 p.m. Friday, May 26, De Beque Community Center
Magician Cody Landstrom
- 10 a.m. Tuesday, May 30, Palisade Branch
- 2 p.m. Wednesday, May 31, Fruita Branch
- 10 a.m. Thursday, June 1, Clifton Branch
- 6:30 p.m. Thursday, June 1, Central Library
- 10 a.m. Friday, June 2, Orchard Mesa Branch
Drum Safari – An interactive and energetic drum performance
- 10 a.m. Tuesday, June 27, Palisade Branch
- 10:30 a.m. Wednesday, June 28, Fruita Branch
- 2 p.m. Wednesday, June 28, Central Library
- 10 a.m. Thursday, June 29, Clifton Branch
- 5:30 p.m. Thursday, June 29, Downtown Grand Junction Farmers’ Market
Mr. Kneel – Fun and interactive kids’ hiphop music
- 10 a.m. Thursday, July 6, Clifton Branch
- 5:30 p.m. Thursday, July 6, Downtown Grand Junction Farmers’ Market
- 10 a.m. Friday, July 7, Orchard Mesa Branch
- 2 p.m. Friday, July 7, Central Library
Dragons Are Too Seldom
- 10 a.m. Monday, July 10, Fruita Branch
- 10 a.m. Tuesday, July 11, Central Library
Rocky Mountain Puppets
- 6:30 p.m. Thursday, July 13, Central Library
- 2 p.m. Friday, July 14, Central Library
Summer Reading at Mesa County Libraries 2017 is sponsored by the Mesa County Libraries Foundation, Friends of the Mesa County Libraries, Del Taco, Gamerz Planet, NewsChannel 5, the Grand Junction Rockies, Fruita Over the Edge Sports, Pablo’s Pizza, Peczuh Printing, and Picture Show.