Novel Idea Bookstore at Central
The library’s used bookstore brought to you by Friends of Mesa County Libraries is located in the west hallway of the Central Library. They offer a wide selection of materials for all age groups.
Used Books at Mesa County Libraries Branches
- Clifton, Fruita, and Orchard Mesa have book sale racks managed by Friends of Mesa County Libraries.
- Palisade has a book sale room managed by the Palisade Auxiliary group.
- Collbran has a book sale rack managed by Plateau Valley Friends of the Library.
- Gateway has a paperback exchange (no charge).
Book donations are not accepted at any library locations. Donations are handled by the Friends of Mesa County Libraries group and should be dropped off at the First Congregational Church across from Grand Junction High School at 1425 N. 5th St.
- The donation center is staffed Monday through Friday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. by a volunteer.
- Outside of those hours or on weekends, donations can be placed 24/7 in a weatherproof cupboard at the northwest corner of the church parking lot.
- PLEASE NO ENCYCLOPEDIAS OR MAGAZINES
- For questions about donations, please call Diana Vincent at 970-241-3478.
The Central Library has a magazine exchange on the lower level. Feel free to drop off unwanted magazines and take as many as you like! Please take your name and address off magazines (if applicable) before donating, for security reasons.