The Mesa County Libraries Culture Fest Committee invites performers to apply for Culture Fest 2019, to be held November 2nd at the Central Library. Please read over the important dates and guidelines below and scroll down for the online application.
- Entry Deadline: July 20, 2019
- Selection Notifications: September 3, 2019
- Agreement completed by: September 25, 2019
- Need music files/any AV needs by: October 26, 2019
- Performance Date: November 2, 2019
- Artistic expression
- Overall community interest
- Culturally relevant
- Special needs, costs, or requests associated with performance
- A full 30 minutes performance (not under or over) that starts on time
- Performers to be onsite at least 15 minutes ahead of their performance
- A performance that includes brief descriptions as appropriate between acts which highlight the cultural/historical significance of the performance (a particular song/dance/clothing/instrument, etc.) Our event is meant to entertain as well as to educate.
- A performance that engages/involves the audience, i.e. teach volunteers some steps or a drum beat, or involve the whole room if you can. This works best towards the end of your time.
- An agreement form, photo consent, and summary of group/performance by September 25th.
- Any song files delivered to or AV needs described to the Library by October 26th.