Culture Fest Juried Art Show Call for Artists
Entry Deadline: 8 p.m., Monday, October 1, 2018. Enter in person or online.
- In person: Print the entry form (pdf) and submit it along with digital images on CD or flash drive to Jessica Geddes at the Central Library OR
- Apply online below
Selection notifications: October 8 – 12, 2018, by email
Accepted work delivery: October 18 – 23, 2018
Show Dates: October 26 – January 3, 2019
Official opening and reception: 6:30–7:30 p.m., November 2, 2018. The last day of the exhibit will be Thursday, January 3. Artists will pick up work between January 4–12, 2019.
1) Exhibition is competitive and open to artists 18 years of age and older residing in Mesa County, Colorado. Two-dimensional fine art, including photography and computer generated work, will be accepted.
2) Work must be ready for hanging and cannot exceed 36” x 48” or weigh more than 40 lbs. Work must be display-ready with a secure wire hanger and if subject to damage must be under glass or plexiglass.
3) Juror will have final authority to define an acceptable entry.
Mesa County Libraries assume no responsibility for the preservation or protection of any exhibit accepted for temporary display, or any liability for possible damage or theft of these items while in transit or on the library premises. All works accepted for temporary display are placed at the owner’s risk.
Artists may submit 2 entries by digital image. An additional image of the submitted work to show detail or an alternative view is allowed. Up to 2 pieces will be accepted per artist.
Entries will be accepted through Monday, October 1, 2018.
Juror’s notification of accepted works will be announced October 8 – 12, 2018. Artists will be notified by email.
Accepted works must be delivered to Central Library between October 18 – 23. Artists are responsible for the delivery and pick-up of all works. Work may be picked up on January 4–12, 2019.
All accepted works will be on exhibit at the Central Library October 26 – January 3, 2019. All work must remain for the duration of the exhibit.
The owner of the work must acknowledge and agree that the Library will not act as an agent for the owner. Artist contact information may be discreetly shown in conjunction with prices.
1st Place – $400
2nd Place – $300
3rd Place – $200
Prizes provided by a grant from the Grand Junction Commission on Arts and Culture
To apply in person:
1. Scan the work or take a digital photo. Images should be saved in JPEG format (.jpg or .jpeg extension) and put on a CD or flash drive
2. Print the entry form (pdf) and submit it along with digital images on CD or flash drive to Jessica Geddes at the Central Library
To apply online, fill out the form below: