To get a library card, you can:
- Apply online, or
- Apply in person at any of our 8 Mesa County locations
What Do I Need?
- Photo ID such as a Driver’s license, state ID, military ID, school ID, or passport.
- Proof of current Mesa County address from your ID or piece of mail, rent receipt, etc. We can mail your card for proof of address, if needed.
- If under 14, must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- Non-residents of Mesa County may be eligible for a CLC (Colorado Libraries Collaborate) or Fee card; please call or visit one of our locations for more information.
Your library card allows you to:
- Check out up to 40 items at one time
- Download digital eBooks, audiobooks, and magazines
- Gain access to millions of items through Marmot and Prospector member libraries
- Request materials from around the country through Interlibrary Loan
- Access public computers and printing
- Reserve Community Meeting Rooms and Study Rooms
- Access 24/7 eResources including articles, newspapers, study guides/practice tests, occupational exams, genealogy resources, technology classes, language learning, and so much more
Managing Your Account
Check Your Account Online
- Log in to your account online to:
- view/renew items and pay fees
- request materials, view holds
- track your reading history
- create and manage lists
- change contact information
Lost Your Card?
- Call or come in to report a lost or stolen card, as you are responsible for any items checked out with the card until the library is notified.
Scan Your Card
Your smartphone can be your library card! How it works:
Option 1: Use the library catalog
- The mobile version of the catalog automatically has your card barcode stored.
- With your phone’s browser, visit mesa.marmot.org.
- Once signed in, you will see your barcode at the top of the checked-out items page.
- Scan this barcode on the lower scanner at the self-check machines or staff can scan it at the counter.
Option 2: Use the Key Ring app (There are other options out there too, such as Google Wallet and CardStar)
- Download the Key Ring app for your phone and open app
- Select ‘new user’ and register or ‘skip’ if you don’t want to create an account
- Tap the ‘+’ to add a card
- Scan your library barcode, select a retailer by choosing ‘select a store,’ and then ‘other retailer not listed’
- Fill in the description of the card (e.g. library) and tap ‘next’
- Take a picture of your card, if desired or choose ‘skip for now’
- On the next screen, tap ‘create an account’ or choose ‘I’ll risk it’
- Your card will now be available in the ‘Cards’ section of the app
- When using the self-check stations, open the app, find your library card barcode, and hold your phone under the lower scanner
Find the Key Ring app:
- If you have any questions, please call us at 970-243-4442.