Download or Stream Ebooks, Audiobooks, Digital Magazines, and Movies!
Digital Magazines and Newspapers
- RBdigital Collection – Choose from dozens of popular magazines with current and back issues–access from computer or mobile app (see guides below)
- RBdigital Title List (back issues in another tab)
- Online Newspapers – For full-text newspapers from around the U.S. and the World, including The Washington Post, please see our Newspaper Source Plus database in our eResources A-Z list. Click ‘Publications’ at the top to find individual newspapers. NPR and other radio transcripts are also included. Please note, Grand Junction’s The Daily Sentinel does not participate in this database.
Looking for our print magazines? Please see this list for our current selection of hard-copy magazines and newspapers.
Ebooks and Audiobooks
- OverDrive Digital Collection – Main OverDrive website to download ebooks, audiobooks, and more to your device
- OverDrive Handouts – Quick-start OverDrive instructions
- OverDrive Help – Device-specific help for OverDrive
- Libby Guide – How to download ebooks and audiobooks using OverDrive’s Libby app
- Libby Help – Help for using the Libby app
- Bookflix – For grades Pre-K to 3 — “the engaging way to link fact and fiction, BookFlix reinforces early reading skills and introduces children to a world of knowledge and exploration”
- Tumblebook Library – An online collection of animated, talking picture books that teach kids the joy of reading in a format they will love
- Kanopy – Kanopy makes it easy to watch some of the most critically acclaimed films ever made along with Great Courses options. Mesa County Libraries cardholders get 10 Kanopy checkouts per month in addition to Kanopy Kids access. Kanopy movies are available for any use including classroom lessons and public performances. Please note, a checkout registers after 5 seconds of play. View Kanopy guide.
Other Free Ebooks and Audiobooks
- Project Gutenberg – Public domain ebooks ready for tons of devices
- ManyBooks.net – Easy to use, more than 29,000 free ebooks
- Open Library – Open Library is an open, editable library catalog, building towards a web page for every book ever published
- Internet Archive – Non-profit library of millions of free ebooks, movies, software, music, and more
- BookBoon – Free ebooks and textbooks
- Librivox – Public domain audiobooks
- FreeClassicAudioBooks – Public domain audiobooks
- Learn Out Loud – Free education audio and video
- Project Gutenberg – More public domain audiobooks