Through its fundraising, the Mesa County Libraries Foundation supports, sustains, and enhances Mesa County Libraries’ efforts to enrich lives and build community.
Mesa County Libraries Foundation is an IRS 501(c)(3) organization, and contributions are tax deductible. Gifts of cash, stock, bonds, and bequests are welcome, as well as Qualified Charitable Distributions (QCDs) from your IRA. While donors may share how they would like their gift to be used, and the Foundation will attempt to honor all donor requests, the Foundation reserves the right to use donated funds in the way that will best serve our patrons and the communities of Mesa County. Gifts to the Mesa County Libraries Foundation are non-refundable.
Other Ways to Donate
- Donate by Mail:
To mail your tax-deductible gift, please print the donation form and send it with your check to:
Mesa County Libraries Foundation
443 North 6th Street
Grand Junction, CO 81501
- Gifts of Stock (appreciated stock):
Gifts of appreciated stock offer tax benefits to the donor and create a bigger a bigger impact. To donate stock:
DTC Eligible Securities:
DTC Participant #: 2669
Agent ID#: 20290 Northern Trust
Institution ID#: 78500 Alpine Bank
Account #: 17-92314
Account Name: Alpine Bank
For Further Credit: Mesa County Public Library
Foundation Stock Receipt & A/C #60000588
Please contact Alpine Bank Wealth Management at 970-245-5627 with any questions about donating stock.
- Qualified Charitable Distributions from your IRA
You can give any amount (up to a maximum of $100,000) per year from your Individual Retirement Account (IRA) directly to qualified public charities like the Mesa County Libraries Foundation without having to pay income taxes on the money. Gifts of any value up to an annual total of $100,000 are eligible for this benefit, and you can feel good knowing that you are making a difference! This popular gift option may also be called an IRA charitable rollover, or you may see it referred to as a Qualified Charitable Distribution, or QCD for short. See IRS Publication 590-B (2021), Distributions from Individual Retirement Arrangements (IRAs), or talk with your financial planner for more details.
To make a contribution from your IRA, you should request a QCD from your IRA custodian (Fidelity, Schwabb, Wells Fargo, etc.) You must provide the TIN (Tax Identification Number) for the Mesa County Libraries Foundation, which is 84-1217217. Your IRA custodian may send you a check made out to the Mesa County Libraries Foundation, or they can mail this check directly to the Foundation at 443 N. 6th St., Grand Junction, CO 81501.
Why Consider This Gifting Method?
- You pay no income taxes on the gift. The transfer from your IRA generates neither taxable income nor a tax deduction, so you benefit even if you do not itemize your deductions.
- Beginning in the year you turn 72, you can use your total of QCD gifts to satisfy all or part of your required minimum distribution (RMD), and that QCD total is not included in your taxable income.
- Since these gifts don’t count as income, they can reduce your annual income level. This may help keep your Medicare premiums lower and decrease the amount of Social Security benefits that are subject to income tax.
- In 2022 and 2023, a QCD of $250 or more designated for the Clifton Branch project will also qualify for a Colorado Enterprise Zone state tax credit. NOTE: The check must state that the donation is specifically for the new Clifton Branch in order to qualify for the EZ credit.
You can use your state tax refund to support the library! When filing your taxes, watch for the ‘Donate to a Colorado Nonprofit Fund’ prompt. Use the Mesa County Library Foundation registration #20023003885 to donate all or part of your state tax refund to support Mesa County Libraries.
For more information about the Foundation or donating, please call Interim Development Director Ami Schiffbauer at (970) 683-2438.
Thank You For Your Support!