What is the 970West Studio?
The 970West Studio, located at 5th and Ouray in Grand Junction, is a public multimedia production studio and Artist in Residence space.
How can I use the studio?
Before using the Studio, you must attend an orientation or studio Q&A session. See our event calendar for current schedule.
Group of 8 or more can use the form below to request a special orientation:
Booking Studio Time
After attending an orientation session, visit the link below to book studio time and equipment:
What's in the 970West Studio building?
- A 654-square-foot studio/training room, capable of holding 10-20 people
- A 436-square-foot control room
- A 245-square-foot space for an Artist in Residence
- Parking for approximately 10 vehicles with access from the alley
- Please see the 970West Equipment List for a list of hardware
- See 970West Manuals page for how to use equipment
- Sign up for the 970West Studio Newsletter for updates
- Open by appointment or reservation only
Studio Lounge is a recorded performance featuring local musicians playing at MCL's 970West Studio. Local musicians are invited to play original songs live in the studio, which the library records and stores in the digital archive for library patrons to view on demand.
Artist in Residence
Mesa County Libraries are providing studio space in the 970West Studio for an Artist In Residence Program. Artists will have a designated work space and are encouraged to use this time as an opportunity for growth and development while engaging with the community. Each Resident will be expected to work with library staff to provide at least three library workshops (one per month) during his/her three-month residency.