Teen Volunteer Portal
We are recruiting teen volunteers to help out at the Central Library from 11 a.m. – 1 p.m. on Saturdays!
Teens interested in gaining work experience, earning community service hours, and being part of the library community are encouraged to participate. Space is limited and registration is required.
All new volunteers must fill out a Teen Volunteer Application form as well as the three forms at the bottom of the application and bring them on your first day.
If you have and questions, please email us at email@example.com.
You can register online through the Events Calendar or by calling 970-243-4442.
Possible Volunteer Tasks:
- Craft material preparation
- Cleaning and organizing tasks
Summer Reading at Mesa County Libraries relies on volunteers to ensure a successful summer – we couldn’t do it without your help!
Summer Reading is the perfect opportunity for you to gain real-world experience. By volunteering, you will gain experience in: customer service, communication, organization, group collaboration, leadership, and many other skills! Once you’ve completed your volunteer hours, our teen librarian will provide an optional resume and cover letter workshop. This workshop will show you how to use your volunteer experience to create your own resume and cover letter that showcases your hard work!
- Provide excellent customer service
- Explain the Summer Reading program to participants
- Help prepare for Summer Reading events and programs
- Assist Youth Services staff members with Summer Reading events and programs
- Shelve books, DVDs, video games, and other library material
- Maintain a neat and orderly room; clean and dust as needed
- Come with a great attitude and be ready to serve our community!
- Arrive on time
- Complete assigned shift
- Coordinate with the teen librarian
- Contact the teen librarian if unable to work scheduled shift
Interested in Volunteering This Summer?
Applicants need the following skills:
- Customer service skills
- Ability to arrange items in numerical and alphabetical order
- Ability to follow instructions and complete tasks according to priorities
- Attention to detail
- Physical ability to push, bend, stretch, reach, lift, and read book spines
- Wear a name tag
- Sign in/out each shift to log hours