Teen Volunteer Portal
Summer Reading at Mesa County Libraries relies on volunteers to ensure a successful summer – we couldn’t do it without your help!
Summer Reading is the perfect opportunity for you to gain real-world experience. By volunteering, you will gain experience in: customer service, communication, organization, group collaboration, leadership, and many other skills!
- Provide excellent customer service
- Explain the Summer Reading program to participants
- Assist Youth Services staff members with Summer Reading virtual events and virtual programs
- Shelve books, DVDs, video games, and other library material
- Maintain a neat and orderly room; clean and dust as needed
- Come with a great attitude and be ready to serve our community!
- Arrive on time
- Complete assigned shift
- Coordinate with the teen librarian
- Contact the teen librarian if unable to work scheduled shift
Interested in Volunteering This Summer?
Applicants need the following skills:
- Customer service skills
- Ability to arrange items in numerical and alphabetical order
- Ability to follow instructions and complete tasks according to priorities
- Attention to detail
- Physical ability to push, bend, stretch, reach, lift, and read book spines
- Wear a name tag
- Sign in/out each shift to log hours