The Friends of Mesa County Libraries was formed in 1988 to focus public attention on the library and to stimulate the use of the library’s resources and services.
A Novel Idea Bookstore, operated by the Friends of Mesa County Libraries, is located at the Central Library. Additional used book racks are at the Clifton, Fruita, and Orchard Mesa branches. Proceeds from these and other book sale events go to cultural programming and special equipment including:
- Poetry Night
- Summer Reading Program
- Mesa County Libraries Culture Fest
- Mesa County Libraries Comic Con
Book donations are not accepted at any library locations. Donations are handled by the Friends of Mesa County Libraries group and should be dropped off at the First Congregational Church across from Grand Junction High School at 1425 N. 5th St.
- The donation center is staffed Monday – Friday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. by a volunteer
- Outside of those hours or on weekends, donations can be placed 24/7 in a weatherproof cupboard at the northwest corner of the church parking lot
- PLEASE NO ENCYCLOPEDIAS OR MAGAZINES
- For questions about donations, please call Diana Vincent at 970-241-3478