Mesa County Libraries (MCL) support the free and open exchange of ideas on a wide range of subjects of interest to the community. To that end, the library provides meeting space free of charge for local public use regardless of beliefs or affiliations.
- Community rooms have a larger capacity than study rooms
- Can be reserved for the current or upcoming month
Community Room Reservation Process
- Read the Guidelines for Use of Community Rooms and the Meeting Room Policy.
- Call the appropriate library branch to check availability of the room for time and date needed (Central, Fruita or Palisade). See the calendar below for Central Mesa and Monument rooms.
- Fill out the online Request for Use of MCPLD Community Room(s) and User Agreement Form below.
- If you are having difficulty with the online form, please download the print version, fill it out, save it and then email the completed form to: firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also print and take it to the library branch where you wish to make a room reservation (copies of the form are also available at the Central Library, and Fruita and Palisade branches).
- For questions about Community meeting rooms, please call 970-243-4442 or email email@example.com
443 N. 6th Street
Grand Junction, CO 81501
970-243-4442 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Mesa Room and Monument Room / Capacity 11-60: (50-120 combined)
- The Monument Room has a small sink
- WiFi, built-in projector/screen, audio capabilities and whiteboard in both rooms
- Chairs and tables are provided (please note we do not provide set up or take down)
Idea Lab / Capacity 2-10: (formerly Study Room C – downstairs)
- Smart TV that allows for instant screen sharing and sound (see downstairs Information Desk if you need the remote)
- Whiteboard wall
- Can also be booked as a study room if needed for less than 2 hours. Inquire at the Information Desk, call 970-243-4442, or email email@example.com if you wish to use it as a study room
324 N. Coulson
Fruita, CO 81521
970-858-7703 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Capacity is 20
- Video projection capabilities and whiteboard available. There is also a sink and small counter
- Chairs and tables
119 W. 3rd Street
Palisade, CO 81526
970-464-7557 or email email@example.com
- Capacity is 20.
- 42″ flat screen TV available
- Chairs and tables
Eligibility/Conditions for Use
- Reservations require a 24-hour minimum advance notice.
- All community room users must abide by the Library Code of Conduct and Meeting Room Policy .
- Room reservations are open to Mesa County residents with an adult library account (at least 18 years old) in good standing (e.g. not expired, fines at or below $10, no digital access only cards).
- The name and signature on the application must match the library card account provided.
- Reservations for community rooms can only be made for the current or upcoming month.
- An organization or individual may reserve a community room only once per month.
- Time for set-up and clean-up for the community rooms must be included in the reservation time and within the library’s regular hours of operation.
- Rooms must be completely vacated :15 minutes prior to library closing time.
- Community room reservations will be cancelled if the group or person is not present after a period of 15 minutes from the reservation start time.
Equipment and Supplies Availability
- The library does not provide laptops, dvd players, Apple TVs, or any other peripheral equipment beyond a projector, screen and connecting cables.
- Supplies such as dry-erase markers, staplers, and tape will not be provided by the library.
- Please note our rooms are not equipped for call-in web conferencing via software such as Webex, Zoom, etc. (rooms have no landline or two-way speaker).
Community Room Checkout/Condition
- The reserving patron is responsible for returning the community room to the condition in which it was found and will be held responsible for damage to rooms, equipment, or furnishings beyond normal wear and tear. A cleaning charge ($50.00 minimum) will be assessed should the meeting room not be left in a satisfactory condition.m to the condition in which it was found.
Food and Drinks
- Light refreshments may be served in the Community Rooms.
Use these to get a general idea of room availability before submitting your requested date (use the down arrow in top-right corner to choose specific rooms, if desired).
Reservations can be made within the following time frames for the Mesa and Monument Rooms:
Request for Use of MCPLD Community Room(s) and User Agreement
If you have questions about reservations and use of Community Rooms, please call 970-243-4442 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.