Mesa County Libraries (MCL) support the free and open exchange of ideas on a wide range of subjects of interest to the community. To that end, the library provides meeting space free of charge for local public use regardless of beliefs or affiliations.
- Community rooms have a larger capacity than study rooms
- Can be reserved for the current or upcoming month
Community Room Reservation Process
- Read the Guidelines for Use of Community Rooms and the Meeting Room Policy.
- Call the appropriate library branch to check availability of the room for time and date needed (Central, Fruita or Palisade). See the calendar below for Central Mesa and Monument rooms.
- Fill out the online Request for Use of MCPLD Community Room(s) and User Agreement Form below.
- If you are having difficulty with the online form, please download the print version, fill it out, save it and then email the completed form to: email@example.com. You can also print and take it to the library branch where you wish to make a room reservation (copies of the form are also available at the Central Library, and Fruita and Palisade branches).
- For questions about Community meeting rooms, please call 970-243-4442 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
443 N. 6th Street
Grand Junction, CO 81501
970-243-4442 or email email@example.com
Mesa Room and Monument Room / Capacity 11-60: (50-120 combined)
- The Monument Room has a small sink
- WiFi, built-in projector/screen, audio capabilities and whiteboard in both rooms
- Chairs and tables are provided (please note we do not provide set up or take down)
Idea Lab / Capacity 2-10: (formerly Study Room C – downstairs)
- Smart TV that allows for instant screen sharing and sound (see downstairs Information Desk if you need the remote)
- Whiteboard wall
- Can also be booked as a study room if needed for less than 2 hours. Inquire at the Information Desk, call 970-243-4442, or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to use it as a study room
324 N. Coulson
Fruita, CO 81521
970-858-7703 or email email@example.com
- Capacity is 20
- Video projection capabilities and whiteboard available. There is also a sink and small counter
- Chairs and tables
119 W. 3rd Street
Palisade, CO 81526
970-464-7557 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Capacity is 20.
- 42″ flat screen TV available
- Chairs and tables
Eligibility/Conditions for Use
- Reservations require a 24-hour minimum advance notice
- All community room users must abide by the Library Code of Conduct and Meeting Room Policy
- Room reservations are open to Mesa County residents with an adult library account (at least 18 years old) in good standing (e.g. not expired, fines at or below $10, no digital access only cards)
- The name and signature on the application must match the library card account provided
- Reservations for community rooms can only be made for the current or upcoming month
- An organization or individual may reserve a community room only once per month
- Time for set-up and clean-up for the community rooms must be included in the reservation time and within the library’s regular hours of operation
- Rooms must be completely vacated :15 minutes prior to library closing time
- Community room reservations will be cancelled if the group or person is not present after a period of 15 minutes from the reservation start time
Equipment and Supplies Availability
- The library does not provide laptops, dvd players, Apple TVs, or any other peripheral equipment beyond a projector, screen and connecting cables
- Supplies such as dry-erase markers, staplers, and tape will not be provided by the Library
Community Room Checkout/Condition
- The person reserving the room will meet with a staff person before and after an event to determine the state of the room
- The Library does not provide room set-up or take-down, and all groups are responsible for returning the Community Room to the condition in which it was found
- Groups shall not tape, glue, tack, or attach items on walls
- Groups will be responsible for damage to rooms, equipment, or furnishings beyond normal wear and tear
- The reserving patron agrees to pay a cleaning charge ($50.00 minimum) should the meeting room not be left in a satisfactory condition
Food and Drinks
- Light refreshments may be served in the Community Rooms
Use these to get a general idea of room availability before submitting your requested date (use the down arrow in top-right corner to choose specific rooms, if desired).
Reservations can be made within the following time frames for the Mesa and Monument Rooms:
Request for Use of MCPLD Community Room(s) and User Agreement
If you have questions about reservations and use of Community Rooms, please call 970-243-4442 or email email@example.com.