Current Board of Trustees
|Candice Walton||Vice Presidentemail@example.com|
The seven-member Mesa County Libraries Board of Trustees governs the Mesa County Public Library District. The Board of Trustees adopts and oversees the budget, bylaws, and policies; conducts long-range planning; and hires and evaluates the library director. Trustees are unpaid volunteers who serve a five-year term, renewable once. Trustees are appointed by the Mesa County Commissioners. Regularly scheduled board meetings are on the last Thursday of the month at 5:30 p.m. in the Central Library Monument Room, 443 6th Street, Grand Junction, Colorado, unless otherwise noted on the agenda. There is no meeting in November, and the meeting in December is the first Thursday of the month at 5:00 p.m. Time is set aside at each meeting for citizens to be heard. We welcome you to join us at our monthly meetings. To send an email to all of the Board of Trustees members, address your email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Public Comment Policy:
In order to ensure a fair opportunity for public comment and to allow the Mesa County Libraries
Board of Trustees to expedite its scheduled business, the following procedure for public comment is
- A public comment period will be provided at all regularly scheduled library board meetings.
- Citizens of the Mesa County Public Library District may address the board only during the time specified for public comment unless otherwise allowed by motion and approval of a majority of the trustees.
- Each speaker is limited to three minutes unless otherwise authorized by motion and approval of a majority of the trustees.
- Total public comment time allotted will be no longer than 30 minutes of the Library Board meeting.
- The official body authorized by law to act on behalf of the Mesa County Public Library District is the Board of Trustees, not individual trustees, administrative staff, or employees. Accordingly,
- Speakers will address comments to the board and not to individual trustees, administrators, or staff;
- Trustees will listen to public comments and consider the comments during their deliberations as a board;
- Trustees will not answer questions or engage in debate during the public comment period;
- Speakers may be directed to staff or other sources for responses to questions raised during the public comment period.
REVIEWED AND ADOPTED ON September 30, 2021.
7-14-22 Finance Committee Meeting | Agenda |
7-27-22 F Road Committee Meeting | Agenda |
7-28-22 Regular Meeting | Agenda |
8-25-22 Regular Meeting | |
9-29-22 Regular Meeting | |
10-27-22 Regular Meeting | |
12-1-22 Regular Meeting | |
3-22-21 Clifton Branch Steering Committee | Canceled |
8-30-21 Board Discussion | Notice
11-19-21 Good Governance Committee | Agenda |
Board meeting archives for all prior years are available for public inspection upon request in the MCPLD administrative office at the Central Library.
Annual Audit Report
- 2022 Annual Budget (Long Version)
- 2022 Annual Budget (Summary Version)
- 2021 Annual Budget
- 2020 Annual Budget
- 2019 Annual Budget
Annual Library Reports
Library report archives for prior years are available upon request in the MCPLD administrative office at the Central Library. Additional financial documents are available upon request. Please call the Finance Director with any budget questions: 970-683-2436.