To get a library card, you can:
- Apply online, or
- Apply in person at any of our 8 Mesa County locations
What Do I Need?
- Photo ID such as a Driver’s license, state ID, military ID, school ID, or passport.
- Proof of current Mesa County address from your ID, or piece of mail, rent receipt, etc. We can mail your card for proof of address, if needed.
- If under 14, must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- Non-residents of Mesa County may be eligible for a CLC or Fee card; please call or visit one of our locations for more information.
Your library card allows you to:
- Check out up to 40 items at one time
- Download digital ebooks, audiobooks and magazines
- Gain access to millions of items through Marmot and Prospector member libraries
- Request materials from around the country through Interlibrary Loan
- Access public computers and printing
- Reserve Community Meeting Rooms and Study Rooms
- Access 24/7 eResources including articles, newspapers, study guides/practice tests, occupational exams, genealogy resources, technology classes, language learning and so much more
Managing Your Account
Check Your Account Online
- Log in to your account online to:
- renew items and pay fines
- request materials, view holds
- track your reading history
- create and manage lists
- change contact information
Lost Your Card?
- Call or come in to report a lost or stolen card, as you’re responsible for any items checked out with the card until we’re notified. Replacement cards cost $1.
Scan Your Card
Your smartphone can be your library card! How it works:
- Install a loyalty card app on your phone (see instructions below)
- Using the self-check stations, open the app, find your library card barcode and hold your phone under the scanner
- That’s it! Now let’s get a loyalty card app on your device.
Installing a card app with Key Ring (There are other options out there too, such as Google Wallet and CardStar)
- Download the Key Ring app for your phone and open app
- Select ‘new user’ and register or ‘skip’ if you don’t want to create an account
- Tap the ‘+’ to add a card
- Scan your library barcode, select a retailer by choosing ‘select a store’ and then ‘other retailer not listed’
- Fill in the description of the card (e.g. library) and tap ‘next’
- Take a picture of your card, if desired or choose ‘skip for now’
- On the next screen, tap ‘create an account’ or choose ‘I’ll risk it’
- Your card will now be available in the ‘Cards’ section of the app
Find the Key Ring app:
- If you have any questions, please call us at 970-243-4442.