Assistive Technology | Chromebook/Laptop/iPad Check Out | Classes and Tech Help | Digital Conversion Station | Earbuds and USB Drives | iMac Creation Stations | Microfilm | Printers/Copiers | Public Computers/WiFi | Scanning/Faxing | Wireless Printing
At the Central library in the non-fiction area we offer:
- an electronic magnifier (CCTV
- an adaptive computer which includes a large-print keyboard, Dragon and Jaws software
Chromebook / Laptop / iPad Check Out
- The library offers various devices for checkout depending on location.
- Inquire at a staff desk or call your local branch for availability.
- Devices check out for one hour at a time.
- Devices may be renewed once as long as there are no other patrons waiting.
- Overdue fines of $1.00 per hour will start immediately after the checkout period ends.
- Devices must stay in designated areas.
- All devices must be returned 15 minutes before closing.
- We will hold the borrower’s picture ID (or responsible adult’s, if a minor) for the duration of the checkout period.
- Borrowers must have a matching MCL library account and valid Photo ID present. Valid ID’s include:
- Driver’s License
- School ID
- State ID
- Military ID
- Work Release ID
- Fines on the borrower’s account cannot exceed $10.00.
- Devices are only to be used by the borrower.
- Only one device check out at a time.
- Do not leave devices unattended.
Classes and Tech Help
- Computer classes are free, open to the public, and cover a variety of topics including Basic Computer, Microsoft Office and Social Media.
- Classes are offered at several library locations.
- If you need assistance registering for a class, please call 970-243-4442.
- Access our Technology guide for computer class handouts, basic computer tutorials and more
- We have several options for one-on-one technology assistance, including our Book a Librarian service and some scheduled assistance at branches. Please call 970-243-4442 to find out more.
- Our Tech Table at the Central Library is available for those needing quick one-on-one help for a variety of tech topics including social media, smartphones and ebooks. Tech Table times are:
- Every Tuesday from 12-2 pm
- 2nd and 4th Thursdays from 5-6 pm
Earbuds and USB Drives
iMacs / Creation Stations at Central
- 3 iMacs are offered at the Central Library for the purpose of content creation:
- 2 for adult use downstairs (cannot be used for general internet browsing or email)
- 1 for teen use in the Teen Center
- Sessions start at one hour and can be reserved at the information desk downstairs (Teen iMac can be reserved at Children’s Desk)
- iMacs have the following software installed:
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Lightroom
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe Premiere Pro
- Adobe After Effects
- Adobe SpeedGrade
- Adobe Audition
- Logic Pro
- 2 Microfilm readers are available at the Central Library. Files can be saved to a USB drive for free or printed (see printing fees above).
Each library has black and white printers and copiers available.
Costs for printing/copying are:
- .15/page for 8.5x11and Legal (8.5×14)
- Coins or bills in the printer/copiers directly.
- Available at the Central, Clifton, and Fruita locations.
- Please see instructions or ask a staff member for assistance.
Public Computers / WiFi
- Public Windows computers with Internet access are available at all library locations. A library card is required to use these computers. Out of town visitors may request a guest pass.
- All users must abide by the Computer Use Rules.
Public computers have the following software installed:
- Windows 10
- Microsoft Office suite
- Adobe Reader
- Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Google Chrome
- GIMP (open-source photo editor)
- Wifi is available at all locations. No library card is necessary to connect to the wifi network.
- Scanning to email or USB is available at all branches except Gateway.
- It is free to use this service.
- Please see staff for instructions on scanning.
- Free online fax service is available through Got Free Fax (Fax limit is 10 pages per fax, up to 5 times per day)
- USB’s are available to borrow if you need to scan document to USB for faxing