Local and regional artists, crafters, authors and shops are invited to apply for exhibitor space at Comic Con.
All Exhibitors will be located in the large ballrooms. Exhibitor options include one 8’ table and two chairs for $25 or a 10' by 10' booth with pipe and drape for $75.
Only exhibitors with products and/or services relating to comic books, comic art, pop culture, science fiction, fantasy, anime, books, graphic novels, and movies are eligible to exhibit. No adult materials may be displayed or sold, as this is a family event.
Applications will open on June 1, 2023.
Expo Hall space will be filled on a first come first serve basis until space is full. Completing the application does not guarantee you a spot. All applications will undergo a 14-day review process. Approved applications will be notified by email. Applications are not confirmed until payment is received. Vendor space is limited and fills quickly.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
By completing the vendor application you agree to the following terms:
- Check in will take place Saturday morning from 8am to 10 am. Exhibitors receive two badges per table/booth.
- Doors open promptly at 10 am. Exhibitors must be set up by 10 or the space may be forfeited.
- Outside food and drinks are prohibited, please be aware of the venue policies.
- Exempt items include - food, swords/knives and gun replicas that look real.
- Selling art prints which you do not have the permission to sell from the artist or are using a computer program to manipulate the original is strictly prohibited.
- Badges must be worn during set-up and for the duration of the show.
- Exhibitors agree to remain set up during all open hours of the convention. No early breakdown is allowed.
- Do not encroach on aisles or neighboring exhibitors.
- Limit of 2 persons at each table or booth space.
- Subletting of table space or sharing of exhibit space is not allowed without the express written permission of Mesa County Libraries.
- The MCL must be notified, at the time of space reservation, of exhibitors intending to share space.
- Full refunds may be granted if canceled 30 days or more before the date of the show.
- Partial refunds of one-half may be granted if canceled within 29-15 days of the date of the show.
- MCL or GJCC is not responsible for any theft or loss. Exhibitor is responsible for their own security.
Whether you’re a first-time convention-goer or a veteran cosplayer, you’re going to have a good time. To make that happen, here are a few etiquette tips for enjoying the multitude of costumed players who will be at the con.
It can get sweaty fast in a packed convention hall, especially in a bulky costume. Don’t forget to put on deodorant before you put on the rest of your cosplay!
Always ask permission before taking photos or videos of other cosplayers and respect their right to say no.
Cosplay is never consent. Always ask first to hug or pose with someone, and never touch them without their permission.
Keep it Smart
If you’re cosplaying, remember that you’re representing a character loved and looked up to by fans. Keep it classy, and don’t do or say anything that might tarnish their image of that character.
Respect the Artists
Don’t monopolize the guest artists’ time, and remember that other people want to speak to them too. Keep it brief, keep it respectful, and look but don’t touch when you’re at a booth.
Every cosplayer puts time and effort into their work. Never pick up or handle their props without their permission.
If your cosplay involves a weapon or prop, make sure it’s been cleared with security first (please read and observe the Comic Con Rules for Cosplay. They will be strictly enforced!). Be safe, and be aware of your surroundings before brandishing or posing with your weapon or prop.
Take it Easy
If you’re cosplaying, don’t forget to take breaks to rest and stay hydrated. It’s easy to get worn down quickly, especially in a heavy costume!
Keep it PG13
Mesa County Libraries Comic Con is a family-friendly event. Please use common sense, be considerate of other attendees, and be aware of your surroundings.
Lastly, and most importantly, enjoy Comic Con and have a great time!
Comic Con FAQs
What is Comic Con?
Mesa County Libraries Comic Con is a fun, free, family-friendly event that brings together fans and creators, old and young in celebrating the importance of stories and fandoms that connect us and enrich our lives. Since our first Comic Con in spring 2015, this highly anticipated event has quickly grown to attract more than 5,000 attendees from across the Western Slope. Highlighting graphic literature, sequential art, and comics as a literary medium, Comic Con includes an Expo Hall featuring local and regional artists, authors, cosplayers, crafters, and media creators. Panel presentations give attendees an opportunity to deep dive into topics of interest; fandom meetups provide opportunities to discuss favorite characters and meet others with similar passions; and everyone can take part in cosplay, photo ops, and cosplay contests.
What is cosplay?
Literally "Costume Play"-- dressing up and pretending to be a fictional character (usually a sci-fi, comic book, fantasy, or anime character).