June 3 – August 3, 2019
We will share A Universe of Stories as we celebrate the 50th anniversary of the Apollo Moon Landing
Summer Reading registration and logging starts June 3, 2019!
This space-themed Summer Reading adventure begins June 3 at all eight Mesa County Libraries locations.
- All ages
- Set your own reading goals
- Earn books and prizes
- Earn chances to win grand prizes
- Kids’ telescopes
- Space science kits
- Gift certificates
As always, there’s no charge to participate in Summer Reading!
Why is Summer Reading so important for kids?
- Students who don’t read during the summer can lose up to two months of reading skills
- Reading two to three hours a week during the summer combats summer learning loss
- Reading is FUN. Fun is good for kids.
Admission is free to all performances!
Cody Landstrom, magician
- 10 a.m. Tuesday, June 4, at the Central Library, 443 N. 6th St., Grand Junction
- 2 p.m. Wednesday, June 5, at the Central Library
- 10 a.m. Thursday, June 6, at the Clifton Branch, 590 32 Road
- 6:30 p.m. Thursday, June 6, at the Central Library
- 10:30 a.m. Friday, June 7, at the Collbran Branch, 111 Main St.
Sarahndipity, local author leading an interactive story time and dance party
- 10 a.m. Friday, June 7, at the Orchard Mesa Branch, 230 Lynwood St.
- 2 p.m. Friday, June 7, at the Central Library
- 10 a.m. Saturday, June 8, at the Central Library
- 10:30 a.m. Monday, June 10, at the Fruita Branch, 324 N. Coulson St.
- 6:30 p.m. Tuesday, June 18, at the Clifton Branch
Embodying Rhythm, percussion musical performance
- 10 a.m. Tuesday, June 11, at the Palisade Branch, 119 W. Third St.
- 10:30 a.m. Wednesday, June 12, at the Fruita Branch
- 2:30 p.m. Wednesday, June 12, at the Clifton Branch
- 1 p.m. Thursday, June 13, at the Gateway Branch, 42700 Highway 141
- 11 a.m. Friday, June 14, at the De Beque Branch, 730 Minter Ave.
Rocky Mountain Puppets with Meghan Casey, a ventriloquist puppet show
- 10 a.m. Thursday, July 11, at the Clifton Branch
- 6:30 p.m. Thursday, July 11, at the Market on Main in downtown Grand Junction
- 10 a.m. Friday, July 12, at the Orchard Mesa Branch
- 2 p.m. Friday, July 12, at the Central Library
- 10 a.m. Saturday, July 13, at the Central Library
Mesa County Libraries thank our generous Summer Reading sponsors for their support: the Mesa County Libraries Foundation; Friends of the Mesa County Libraries; Del Taco; the Grand Junction Rockies, and KREX News Channel 5 CBS.