May 29 - August 4, 2018
How much can you read this summer?
Find out by signing up for Summer Reading at Mesa County Libraries! Summer Reading begins Tuesday, May 29. You can sign up below or at any of the library’s eight locations, and it is open to all ages. There’s no charge to participate!
Summer Reading participants can read what they want, including books, articles, and ebooks. Simply log the time you spend reading and work toward your reading goals – it’s that easy! Tracking sheets are available at Mesa County Libraries locations, or you can track your progress online through the Mesa County Libraries website. See how much you can read this summer! Summer Reading ends Aug. 4.
Great prizes await readers who achieve their reading goals, and Mesa County Libraries have put together a fantastic lineup of entertainment and fun to inspire and engage readers all summer long. This year’s Summer Reading theme is “Reading Rocks!” and you’ll hear a lot of music this summer at the library.
Register for Summer Reading
Upcoming Summer Reading Events
SUMMER ENTERTAINMENT SERIES
Popular professional entertainers will visit Mesa County Libraries throughout the summer, bringing music, puppets, and stories to audiences countywide. Kids, parents, and grandparents are sure to enjoy this wide variety of entertainment.
Story Creations, with Denise Gard
Denise Gard brings stories to life using audience participation, her talented border collies (Sienna and Joey), and creative storytelling.
- 10 a.m. Thursday, June 28, Clifton Branch, 590 32 Road
- 4 p.m. Thursday, June 28, Fruita Branch, 324 N. Coulson St.
- 10 a.m. Friday, June 29, Orchard Mesa Branch, 230 Lynwood St.
- 2 p.m. Friday, June 29, Central Library, 443 N. 6th St., Grand Junction
Embodying Rhythm Interactive Drumming
Embodying Rhythm performs a fun concert that deepens listeners’ relationship to rhythm and music.
- 2 p.m. Wednesday, June 27, Fruita Branch, 324 N. Coulson St.
- 5:30 p.m. Thursday, June 28, Downtown Farmers' Market, Grand Junction
- 10:30 a.m. Friday, June 29, Collbran Branch, 111 Main St.
Drum Safari performances are fun and interactive, involving listeners in music described as “rhythm-based edu-tainment.”
- 10 a.m. Monday, July 30, Fruita Branch, 324 N. Coulson St.
- 10 a.m. Tuesday, July 31, Palisade Branch, 119 W. 3rd St.
- 2 p.m. Wednesday, Aug. 1, Central Library, 443 N. 6th St.
- 10 a.m. Thursday, Aug. 2, Clifton Branch, 590 32 Road
- 5:30 p.m. Thursday, Aug. 2, Downtown Farmers' Market, Grand Junction
- 11 a.m. Friday, Aug. 3, De Beque Branch, 730 Minter Ave.
Sandra Presents: Percussion Symphony
- 6:30 p.m. Wednesday, July 25, Central Library, 443 N. 6th St., Grand Junction
- 10:30 a.m. Friday, July 27, Collbran Branch, 111 Main St.
- 2 p.m. Friday, July 27, Central Library, 443 N. 6th St., Grand Junction
Are there any volunteer opportunities for Teens?
Please visit our Teen Volunteer Portal for more information on our Teen Volunteer program.
How can I be a sponsor?
If you are interested in sponsoring Summer Reading, call 970-243-4442 and ask for the Youth Services Department.