Before using the studio, you must attend an orientation session or studio Q&A session. See our event calendar for current schedule. After attending an orientation or studio Q&A session, follow the steps below to book time at the studio:
1. Check the calendars below or call 970-243-4442 for available time slots. You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org to check availability of the studio for time and date needed. Please note our Request For Use has changed. Request the room(s) that suit the needs of your reservation. Use the diagram below to assist you in deciding which room(s) you need. Then, select appropriate equipment from that room(s) list. Both rooms must be available on the calendar to request COMBINED/BOTH ROOMS and have access to ALL equipment.
- CONTROL ROOM/ISOLATION BOOTH: Solo Vocals of any type, Audio Mixing, Direct Guitar/Bass tracking via Eleven Rack, MIDI or Audio keyboard tracking, Electronic Drums, Novation Launchpad. View Image
- LIVE ROOM: Podcast, Audio Recording, Video, Photography, Green Screen, Art Digitization. View Image
- COMBINED ROOMS: Acoustic Instruments, Drums, Full Band Live Recordings, Larger Ensembles, Podcasts. (All equipment is available when booking COMBINED/BOTH ROOMS)
- Monday: 1pm – 7:30pm
- Tuesday – Thursday: 9am – 12pm & 1pm – 7:30pm
- Friday: 1pm – 4:30pm
- Saturday: 9am – 12pm & 1pm – 4:30pm
2. Fill out the Request for Use of 970Studio form below. (View printable 970West Studio equipment list)
3. Wait for approval from staff. Once we approve your application, we will notify you and place your reservation on the calendar. Please note:
- We require 24 hours notice for all reservations.
- Basic computer skills (Mac OS preferably) are a per-requisite for booking time at the studio or attending any studio classes. All computers in the studio are Mac OS. If you need to brush up on basic skills, please inquire about our introductory computer classes.
- Please see the 970West Studio Use Guidelines for complete instructions and rules for using the studio.
(use the down arrow in top-right corner to toggle on/off specific rooms, if desired)