Give to the new Clifton Branch Library Project
When you give to the Mesa County Libraries Foundation Clifton Branch Project, your contribution creates equal opportunities for people of all ages and walks of life to create, learn, and explore the local area and the world around us. Mesa County Libraries are a cornerstone of the Grand Valley, adapting to the needs of the community and establishing services that support and enrich the lives of all our residents.
About the Clifton Branch Library Project
The services provided by Mesa County Libraries are critical for area residents, providing access to information, internet connection, public computers, English language learner education, GED instruction and testing, early literacy activities, art and cultural events, technology education, public space and community resources.
The Clifton Branch is the second busiest library location in Mesa County. Activities there are limited by the physical space of the current location which at 5,400 square feet, is too small to adequately serve the 20,000 residents who live in the branch’s service area.
In the new Clifton Branch Library, currently planned at 17,800 square feet, these services can expand with new program and activity space, community meeting rooms and dedicated children, teen and adult learning areas.
Securing a permanent library location with adequate space for the growing population of Clifton was identified by Mesa County Libraries Trustees as a priority over five years ago and they began setting aside funds; the project does not require a tax increase or a construction loan. Community conversations and discussions with potential partners and funders confirmed community support for this project.
|“The library is an incredible asset to this community. Increasing literacy, assisting the community with technology, making technology available to those who otherwise do not have access and socialization for small children, adolescents and the elderly population. There are so many things we would not have without our local library!” – Mesa County Resident, 2019|
Vision for the Clifton Branch Library Project
Your generous donation will help to provide valuable community resources, access to technology, meeting spaces, educational services and support for our East Valley residents.
Clifton Branch Library Project Details:
- 17,800 square foot, fully accessible, multi-use facility on three acres anchoring the south end of the planned Clifton Community Campus on D 1/2 Road
- A library space filled with natural light, showcasing views of the Grand Mesa and the Book Cliffs
- Adult Learning Center with three small study rooms, a computer lab, and two classrooms dedicated for GED, English Language, and citizenship classes
- Community Living Room for quiet reading and relaxation
- Children’s Services with dedicated space, customized collections, interactive activities, and technology
- Teen Services with dedicated space, age-appropriate collection and computer stations
- Public computing including desktop computers, tablets and seating areas for wireless users
- Community Meeting space including a large multi-purpose room dividable into two smaller spaces, and six public study rooms
- Friends of the Library bookstore nook
Help write a new chapter for Clifton.
Since 1901 generous investments from the community have helped Mesa County Libraries thrive and grow. Public libraries don't belong to anyone, they belong to all of us! Thank you for helping the Mesa County Libraries Foundation build opportunity in the East Valley area.
Donations of $250 or more designated for Capital Projects are eligible for Enterprise Zone state tax credit in addition to the regular IRS charitable contribution deduction.
Our easy form allows visitors to contribute online. Simply fill out the information and choose "Clifton Capital Project" when asked where you would like your donation to go.
Donate By Mail
To mail your tax-deductible gift, please print this form and send to: Mesa County Libraries Foundation 443 North 6th Street Grand Junction, CO 81501
"The library is a place of resource and refuge for the entire community. It is a safe place for creativity and expression, something this valley needs."
"The library benefits our community in lots of ways! Book borrowing first and foremost of course. I love the digital borrowing as well, I use that more often than anything else. I also love the fact that we just have a space to grow our community, in whatever ways."
"Mesa County Libraries provides a variety of tools that are extremely valuable at no cost so that any resident, regardless of their socio-economic background, can access resources to further their education or interests."
Clifton Branch Project Timeline
- Fall 2023: The new Clifton Branch is anticipated to be finished and open to the public on August 29, 2023. A Grand Opening will be October 7, 2023, time TBD.
- January 2023: Foundation of the library completed; beam signing at Rocky Mountain Elementary School
- August 2022: Groundbreaking and beginning of construction
- 2022: Finalized location; Mesa County Libraries Foundation kicked off their Capital Campaign to raise funds for the Clifton Branch
- 2021: Hired architect, owner's representative, and contractor for the project; hosted a Community Open House
- October 2020 - January 2021: Sought community feedback on the conceptual design
- January 2020: Conceptual design work began
- December 2019: Branch name selected; library board set tentative square footage and project scope
- 2017: Mesa County Libraries started saving to build the new Clifton Branch