Entry Deadline: 8 p.m., Monday, August 5, 2019. Entries will only be accepted online (see submission form below)
Selection notifications: Made by email no later than August 12
Accepted artwork delivery: August 19- 24
Exhibit Dates: August 30 through October 24
Artwork pickup date: October 25
1) Exhibition is competitive and open to artists of all ages residing in Mesa County, Colorado.
- Age Groups: 11 and under; 12-18; 19 and up.
2. Two-dimensional fine art, including photography and computer generated work, will be accepted. Artwork should be appropriate for all ages and follow the spirit of Comic Con, which highlights graphic literature, sequential art, and comics as a literary medium. Fan art is welcome.
3) Work must be ready for hanging and cannot exceed 36” x 48” or weigh more than 40 lbs. Work must be display-ready with a secure wire hanger and if subject to damage must be under glass or plexiglass.
4) Juror will have final authority to define an acceptable entry.
Mesa County Libraries assume no responsibility for the preservation or protection of any exhibit accepted for temporary display, or any liability for possible damage or theft of these items while in transit or on the library premises. All works accepted for temporary display are placed at the owner’s risk.
Artists may submit 2 entries by digital image. An additional image of the submitted work to show detail or an alternative view is allowed. Up to 2 pieces will be accepted per artist.
Entries will be accepted through Monday, August 5, 2019.
Juror’s notification of accepted works will be made by email no later than August 12.
Accepted works must be delivered to Central Library between August 19- 24. Artists are responsible for the delivery and pick-up of all works. Work may be picked up on October 25, 2019.
All accepted works will be on exhibit at the Central Library August 30 through October 24, 2019. All work must remain for the duration of the exhibit.
The owner of the work must acknowledge and agree that the Library will not act as an agent for the owner. Artist contact information may be discreetly shown in conjunction with prices.
Prizes will be awarded in each age group and announced at Comic Con on October 12.
To apply, please fill out the form below:
Please contact Jessica Geddes, Art Librarian, with any questions: email@example.com or 970-683-2418