Artwork is being sought for the second Mesa County Libraries Comic Con Juried Art Show, to be displayed August 21 to October 22 at the Central Library. There are three age categories for artists (11 and under, 12-18, and 19 and older) and prizes will be awarded in each age group. Please note, at this time we’re not sure if the Comic Con event will still be happening but we are going ahead with the art show.
Entry Deadline: 8 p.m., Monday, August 3, 2020. Entries will only be accepted online (see submission form below)
Selection notifications: Made by email no later than August 11
Accepted artwork delivery: August 18th from 4-6 pm or Wednesday August 19th from 9-11 am, Study Room F
Exhibit Dates: August 21 through October 22
Artwork pickup date: Friday, October 23 from 9-2 in the Monument room
1) Exhibition is competitive and open to artists of all ages residing in Mesa County, Colorado. There is no charge to enter.
- Age Groups: 11 and under; 12-18; 19 and up.
2. Two-dimensional fine art, including photography and computer generated work, will be accepted. Artwork should be appropriate for all ages and follow the spirit of Comic Con, which highlights graphic literature, sequential art, and comics as a literary medium. Fan art is welcome.
3) Work must be ready for hanging and cannot exceed 36” x 48” or weigh more than 40 lbs. Work must be display-ready with a secure wire hanger and if subject to damage must be under glass or plexiglass.
4) Juror will have final authority to define an acceptable entry.
Mesa County Libraries assume no responsibility for the preservation or protection of any exhibit accepted for temporary display, or any liability for possible damage or theft of these items while in transit or on the library premises. All works accepted for temporary display are placed at the owner’s risk.
Artists may submit 2 entries by digital image. An additional image of the submitted work to show detail or an alternative view is allowed. Up to 2 pieces will be accepted per artist.
Entries will be accepted through Monday, August 3, 2020.
Juror’s notification of accepted works will be made by email no later than August 11.
Accepted works must be delivered to Central Library August 18th from 4-6 pm or Wednesday August 19th from 9-11 am. Artists are responsible for the delivery and pick-up of all works. Work may be picked up on October 23, 2020.
All accepted works will be on exhibit at the Central Library August 21 to October 22, 2020. All work must remain for the duration of the exhibit.
The owner of the work must acknowledge and agree that the Library will not act as an agent for the owner. Artist contact information may be discreetly shown in conjunction with prices.
Honoraria provided by Friends of the Library – winners will be announced with the publishing of the online gallery on August 28, 2020.
11 & under- $75, $50, $25
12-18 $100, $75, $50
19 & up- $125, $100, $75
To apply, please fill out the form below:
Please contact Jessica Geddes, Art Librarian, with any questions: firstname.lastname@example.org or 970-683-2418