As part of a transition to a new location in the new De Beque School, the Mesa County Libraries De Beque Branch will close its current location Wednesday, May 17, 2017.
During the summer, Mesa County Libraries will serve the De Beque community with a pop-up library that will be open in Gazebo Park from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. each Friday beginning May 26. Gazebo Park is on Minter Avenue across from the Community Center, 381 Minter Ave.
On Friday, May 26, the pop-up library will debut at Gazebo Park from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m., followed by a Summer Reading Kickoff Party featuring magician Ann Lincoln at 2 p.m. in the Community Center.
The De Beque Pop-Up Library will consist of a Mesa County Libraries van carrying a small browsing collection. Patrons will be able to pick up and place holds, return materials, check out materials from the browsing collection, and sign up for Summer Reading. Children’s story time will take place at 11 a.m. each Friday in the park gazebo.
Wi-Fi service and public laptops and iPads will be available during pop-up library hours.
Mesa County Libraries anticipate opening the new branch in the De Beque School in early August, after school construction is completed.
Mesa County Libraries and De Beque School District 49-JT share a library space in the school. During regular school hours, students use the library. Public access is allowed when school is not in session.
Closure of the De Beque Branch during the summer is necessary to accommodate the transition from the current location to the new building. The new library space will be approximately the same size as the current library, and it will have an event room and a dedicated teen space. The size of the library collection in De Beque will remain the same.
Mesa County Libraries De Beque Branch Timeline – Summer 2017
- Wednesday, May 17: Last day that the current branch will be open, 4-7 p.m.
- Thursday and Friday, May 18 and 19: Library materials at the De Beque Branch will be packed and moved. The library will not be open for business.
- Friday, May 26: First Pop-Up Library in Gazebo Park, across from the Community Center, 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Children’s story time at 11 a.m. in the Gazebo. Place holds, pick up and check out holds, return materials, and browse a small traveling collection of library materials.
- Friday, May 26: Summer Reading Kickoff Party featuring magician Ann Lincoln, 2 p.m. at the De Beque Community Center, 381 Minter Ave. Bring the kids and sign up for Summer Reading!
- Each Friday from May 26 through early August: Pop-Up Library in Gazebo Park, 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Children’s Story Time at 11 a.m. in the Gazebo. Place holds, pick up and check out holds, return materials, and browse a small traveling collection of library materials.
- Early August: Anticipated move-in and opening of the new library space in the De Beque School.