As Colorado and our Mesa County community shift to a “safer-at-home” strategy, we want to update our patrons on the status of library services.
This week (the week of April 27), some library staff have returned to our facilities to work on plans for resuming certain library services. Some of the most important new developments are:
- Book drops are now open, and we are accepting returns.
- The library call center is being staffed from 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Monday through Friday and is available to help patrons with eResources and to answer questions. You can reach the call center at 970-243-4442.
- Due dates on all materials are extended to June 1. We also will keep holds for pick-up until June 1.
- We plan to start offering curbside pick-up of materials in the near future for patrons who have holds waiting. Those patrons will be contacted soon by email with specific information about how to pick up their holds.
- Library buildings remain closed to public access until further notice.
- Further reopening of the libraries beyond curbside pick-ups will take place on a limited basis on a yet-undetermined timeline. We are working with Mesa County Public Health on plans to ensure maximum protection for patrons and staff. We currently are making physical modifications to some library facilities to enable greater social distancing for protection of library visitors and staff.
- The library’s digital offerings, such as ebooks through OverDrive and online programming on Facebook and YouTube, proved popular during the stay-at-home order, and they continue to be available. We encourage you to check them out!
- We are planning an online Summer Reading experience this year, complete with reading goals, online entertainment, and many other fun elements. Sign-ups for Summer Reading begin Monday, June 1. Watch for more information!
Finally, we wish to thank our patrons and all Mesa County residents for your patience and support during this unusual time. We are all in this together, and together we can move through this crisis step by step.