Checkout Periods and Limits
|Item Type||Max # Possible to Check Out Per Card*||Checkout Duration||Renewable?**|
|CD Audiobooks||40||3 weeks||yes|
|Books - General||40||3 weeks||Yes|
|Books - Lucky Day||2||1 week||No|
|Interlibrary Loan (items with tag on cover)||n/a||2 weeks||No|
|CDs Music||40||1 week adult; 3 weeks kids||Yes|
|DVDs with 3+ discs||10||3 weeks||Yes|
|DVDs with 1-2 discs||10||1 week||Yes|
|Video Games||3||1 week||Yes|
|Kits (non-equipment)||40||3 weeks||Yes|
|Magazines (excluding current issue and Consumer Reports Buying Guide)||40||3 weeks||Yes|
|Digital Items (eBooks, eMagazines, eMovies)||Varies||Varies||Varies|
|Culture and Nature Passes||n/a||1 week||No|
*Figures are based on full-access accounts.
**Most items are eligible for auto-renewals.
Holds may be placed on all circulating items above.
- Renewals are permissible on most circulating MCL items (with the exception of Lucky Day, physical equipment/passes, and ILLs with green tag) with a maximum of 2 renewals per item (please see table above). The renewal period is an additional 1 or 3 weeks depending on the material type. There are exceptions to this--please see this post for a full explanation of what qualifies for auto-renewal. You must have an email address in your account in order to get notified of auto-renewals.
- Items can be returned to any library location in Mesa County.
- All library locations have an after-hours book drop; the Central Library has a drive-through book drop.
- Regular library card: Free
- Replacement card: Free
- Fee Card (for out-of-town patrons): $25/3 months or $75/year
- Mesa County Libraries does not charge fines for overdue materials, however, billed charges for unreturned, damaged, or incomplete items will remain in force.
- Items borrowed from other libraries (such as through interlibrary loan) are subject to the rules and regulations of the loaning libraries, so fines may continue to be charged on those items.
- Borrowing privileges will be blocked for any patron who has billed items exceeding $10.
- Lost materials are charged at the actual price as entered into the database at the time the material was processed. Partial payments and/or replacement items will not be accepted for lost items. When the price of the material is not available, default charges will apply.
- Returned check fees may be charged by your banking institution for insufficient funds.
- You may pay outstanding charges with cash, credit or debit card at any library location.
- You may also pay your fees online by logging into your account.
- Please see the Library Card and Borrowing Policy for more information.
- If you have any questions, please call us at 970-243-4442.