Checkout Periods and Limits
- You may have 40 items checked out per card (Temp Cards are limited to 3 items).
- 10 DVDs maximum per card.
- 2 video games maximum per card.
- 3 weeks for all books, audiobooks, magazines that circulate, kits (except for equipment kits), Power Check Meters, pamphlets, TV series DVDs with more than 3 discs, juvenile music CDs, and government documents that circulate.
- All but the most current issue of most magazines circulate. This does not include Consumer Reports.
- 1 week for DVDs with fewer than 3 discs, video games, and adult music CDs.
- 1 week for Go Pro, Nikon and Canon T5i kits.
- 1 week for Lucky Day books.
- Interlibrary Loan items check out for two weeks and there are NO renewals.
- Holds may be placed on all items, with the exception of non-circulating items (non-circulating items include current issues of magazines and anything marked Reference).
- You may place up to 40 items on hold.
- Renewals are permissible on all circulating MCL items with a maximum of 1 renewal per item. The renewal period is an additional 1 or 3 weeks depending on the material type.
- The item may only be renewed if no hold has been placed on it by another patron.
- See the Library Card and Borrowing Policy for more information.
- Items can be returned to any library location. If items are returned after-hours or during a holiday, they will be back-checked to the last time the library was open.
- All library locations have an after-hours book drop; the Central Library has a drive-through book drop.
Fines and Fees
- Regular library card: Free
- Replacement card: $1.00
- Fee Card (for out-of-town patrons): $10/3 months or $25/year
- Late fees are 10 cents per item for each day after the due date with a 5-day grace period. For example, if returned on the 6th day after the due date, the fine would be .60 cents.
- The maximum amount that will be charged for an overdue item is $5.00. If your fines exceed $10.00, you will be blocked from checking out materials.
- Materials borrowed from other libraries are subject to the rules and regulations of the loaning library.
- Lost materials are charged at the actual price as entered into the database at the time the material was processed. Partial payments and/or replacement items will not be accepted for lost items. When the price of the material is not available, default charges will apply.
- The library may use the services of a collection agency to recover lost materials or outstanding fees/charges over the amount of $35.
- Returned check fees may be charged by your banking institution for insufficient funds.
- You may pay outstanding fines with cash, credit or debit card at any library location.
- You may also pay your fines online by logging into your account.
- Please see the Fines and Fees Policy for more information.
- If you have any questions, please call us at 970-243-4442.