Assistive Technology | Chromebook/Laptop/iPad Check Out | Classes and Tech Help | Digital Conversion Station | Earbuds and USB Drives | iMac Creation Stations | Microfilm | Printers/Copiers | Public Computers/WiFi | Scanning/Faxing | Wireless Printing
At the Central library in the non-fiction area we offer:
- a laptop with Dragon software (must be requested in advance, email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- an adaptive computer which includes a large-print keyboard and Jaws software
Chromebook / Laptop / iPad Check Out
- The library offers various devices for checkout depending on location.
- Inquire at a staff desk or call your local branch for availability.
- Devices check out for two hours at a time.
- Devices may be renewed once as long as there are no other patrons waiting.
- Overdue fines of $1.00 per hour will start immediately after the checkout period ends.
- Devices must stay in designated areas.
- All devices must be returned 15 minutes before closing.
- We will hold the borrower’s picture ID (or responsible adult’s ID, if a minor) for the duration of the checkout period. See Device Use Agreement Form.
- Borrowers must have a matching MCL library account and valid Photo ID present. Valid ID’s include:
- Driver’s License
- School ID
- State ID
- Military ID
- Work Release ID
- Fines on the borrower’s account cannot exceed $10.00.
- Devices are only to be used by the borrower.
- Only one device check out at a time.
- Do not leave devices unattended.
- For full check-out procedures, please inquire at your local library location.
Classes and Tech Help
- Computer classes are free, open to the public, and cover a variety of topics.
- Classes are offered at several library locations.
- If you need assistance registering for a class, please call 970-243-4442.
- Access our Technology guide for computer class handouts, basic computer tutorials and more
- We have several options for one-on-one technology assistance, including our Book a Librarian service and some scheduled assistance at branches. Please call 970-243-4442 to find out more.
- Our Tech Table at the Central Library is available for those needing quick one-on-one help for a variety of tech topics including social media, smartphones and ebooks. Tech Table times are:
- Every Tuesday from 12-2 pm
- 2nd and 4th Thursdays from 5-6 pm
Earbuds and USB Drives
iMacs / Creation Stations at Central
- 3 iMacs are offered at the Central Library for the purpose of content creation:
- 2 for adult use downstairs (cannot be used for general internet browsing or email)
- 1 for teen use in the Teen Center
- Sessions start at one hour and can be reserved at the information desk downstairs (Teen iMac can be reserved at Children’s Desk)
- iMacs have the following software installed:
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Lightroom
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe Premiere Pro
- Adobe After Effects
- Adobe SpeedGrade
- Adobe Audition
- Logic Pro
- Studio One
- Final Cut Pro
- 2 Microfilm readers are available at the Central Library. Files can be saved to a USB drive for free or printed (see printing fees below).
Each library has black and white printers and copiers available. Central and Clifton have color copying (not printing at this time).
Costs for printing are as follows:
- .15 per page for 8.5×11 and legal (8.5×14) black and white
Cost for copying are as follows:
- .15 per side for 8.5×11 and legal (8.5×14) black and white
- .70 per side for 8.5×11 and legal (8.5×14) color (color copying is only available at Central and Clifton at this time)
- Coins or bills in the printer/copiers directly or at counter, depending on location.
- Credit card at Central or Clifton locations.
Wireless Printing (black and white only)
- Available at the Central, Clifton, and Fruita locations.
- Mobile print jobs can be sent and accessed at either Central or Clifton print-release stations.
- Please see instructions or ask a staff member for assistance.
Public Computers / WiFi
- Public Windows computers with Internet access are available at all library locations. Out of town visitors may request a guest pass.
- All users must abide by the Computer Use Rules.
Public computers have the following software installed:
- Windows 10
- Microsoft Office suite
- Adobe Reader
- Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Google Chrome
- GIMP (open-source photo editor)
- Wifi is available at all locations. No library card is necessary to connect to the wifi network.
- Scanning to email or USB is available at all branches except Gateway.
- It is free to use this service.
- Please see staff for instructions on scanning.
- Free online fax service is available through Got Free Fax (Fax limit is 10 pages per fax, up to 5 times per day)
- USB’s are available to borrow if you need to scan document to USB for faxing