Community rooms have a larger capacity than study rooms.
- Community meeting rooms are available at no charge for use by local nonprofit or community groups or individuals for informational, educational, cultural, or civic meetings and programs when the rooms are not scheduled for library purposes.
- Use of the library meeting rooms does not imply endorsement by the library, its staff, or trustees.
- For questions about Community meeting rooms, please call 970-243-4442 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Community Room Reservation Process
- Call the appropriate library branch to check availability of the room for time and date needed.
- Fill out a REQUEST FOR USE OF MCPLD COMMUNITY ROOM(S) & USER AGREEMENT and email it to email@example.com or print and take it to the library branch where you wish to make a room reservation (copies of the form are also available at the Central Library, and Fruita and Palisade branches)
- Steps to submit form electronically:
- Download and open the form above.
- Save the form to your computer.
- Fill in your details and save.
- Email the completed form to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you need assistance with this process, please let us know.
- Steps to submit form electronically:
443 N. 6th Street
Grand Junction, CO 81501
970-243-4442 or email email@example.com
- There are two large rooms – the Mesa Room and the Monument Room
- Capacity is 12-60 separated or 50-120 combined
- The Monument Room has a small sink
- Video projection/audio capabilities and whiteboard in both rooms
324 N. Coulson
Fruita, CO 81521
970-858-7703 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Capacity is 20
- Video projection capabilities and whiteboard available. There is also a sink and small counter
119 W. 3rd Street
Palisade, CO 81526
970-464-7557 or email email@example.com
- Capacity is 20.
- 42″ flat screen TV available
Eligibility/Conditions for Use
- All Community Room users must abide by the Library Code of Conduct and Meeting Room Policy
- In exchange for use of the Community Rooms, the reserving patron will leave their Driver’s License with the information desk at the top of stairs (nonfiction area) and be present for the duration of the event
- Must be at least 18 years old to reserve a Community Room
- Must have a Mesa County Library Card in good standing (owe less than $10)
- Reservations for Community Rooms can only be made for the current or upcoming month
- An organization or individual may reserve a community room once per month
- Time for set-up and clean-up for the Community Rooms must be included in the reservation time and within the library’s regular hours of operation
- Community Room reservations will be cancelled if the group or person is not present after a period of 15 minutes from the reservation start time
- The library will not provide advertising for your event unless it is a library-sponsored event
Equipment and Supplies Availability
- Library Staff will not be available for equipment operation during meetings or programs
- Groups using library-owned audio/visual equipment will be responsible for any damage or loss
- The library does not provide laptops
- Supplies such as dry-erase markers, staplers, and tape will not be provided by the Library
Community Room Checkout/Condition
- The person reserving the room will meet with a staff person before and after an event to determine the state of the room
- The Library does not provide room set-up or take-down, and all groups are responsible for returning the Community Room to the condition in which it was found
- Groups shall not tape, glue, tack, or attach items on walls
- Groups will be responsible for damage to rooms, equipment, or furnishings beyond normal wear and tear
- Storage for the property of the organization or individuals is not provided before or after the reservation period
- There is a vacuum cleaner in each Community Room closet for patrons to use after their events
- The reserving patron agrees to pay a cleaning charge ($50.00 minimum) should the meeting room not be left in a satisfactory condition
Food and Drinks
- Light refreshments may be served in the Community Rooms
- Clean and stack chairs on dollies
- If stacking chairs along the wall, don’t stack them more than three chairs high
- Clean and stack tables in the closets
- Clean countertop (Monument room only)
- Gather trash into the proper receptacles
- Vacuum the floor
If you have questions about reservations and use of Community Rooms, please call 970-243-4442 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.