What is the 970West Studio?
The 970West Studio, located at 5th and Ouray in Grand Junction, is a public multimedia production studio and Artist in Residence space.
How can I use the studio?
970West Studio Reservation Process
Before using the studio, you must attend an orientation session. See our event calendar for current schedule.
After attending an orientation session, follow the steps below to book time at the studio:
- 1. Check the calendar or call 970-243-4442 for available time slots. You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org to check availability of the studio for time and date needed.
- 2. Fill out a REQUEST FOR USE OF 970WEST STUDIO & USER AGREEMENT and email it to email@example.com.
- Steps to submit form:
- 1. Download and open the form above.
- 2. Save the form to your computer.
- 3. Fill in your details and save. Note--the signature field can be your printed name.
- 4. Email the completed form to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 5. If you need assistance with this process, please let us know.
- Steps to submit form:
- Reservations are accepted during studio open hours:
- Tuesdays 9-7:30
- Wednesdays 9-4:30
- Thursdays 9-7:30
- Fridays 9-4:30
- Saturdays 9-4:30
- 3. Wait for approval from staff. Once we approve your application, we will notify you and place your reservation on the calendar.
- We require 24 hours notice for all reservations.
- We only process applications on normal business days (Monday-Friday).
- Basic computer skills (Mac OS preferably) are a per-requisite for booking time at the studio or attending any studio classes. All computers in the studio are Mac OS. If you need to brush up on basic skills, please inquire about our introductory computer classes.
- Please see the 970West Studio Use Guidelines for complete instructions and rules for using the studio.
What's in the 970West Studio building?
- a 654-square-foot studio/training room, capable of holding 10-20 people
- a 436-square-foot control room
- a 245-square-foot space for an Artist in Residence
- Parking for approximately 10 vehicles with access from the alley
- Please see the 970West Use Agreement/Equipment List for a list of hardware
- Sign up for the 970West Studio Newsletter for updates
Artist in Residence
Mesa County Libraries are providing studio space in the 970West Studio for an Artist In Residence Program. Artists will have a designated work space and are encouraged to use this time as an opportunity for growth and development while engaging with the community. Each Resident will be expected to work with library staff to provide at least three library workshops (one per month) during his/her three-month residency.