How Do I Get a Card?
To get a library card, you can:
- Apply online, or
- Apply in person at any of our 8 Mesa County locations
What Do I Need?
- Photo ID such as a Driver’s license, state ID, military ID, school ID, or passport.
- Proof of current Mesa County address from your ID, or piece of mail, rent receipt, etc. We can mail your card for proof of address, if needed.
Managing Your Account
Check Your Account Online
- Log in to your account online to:
- renew items and pay fines
- request materials, view holds
- track your reading history
- create and manage lists
- change contact information
- sign up for text message notifications (overdues, hold pickup notices, items due soon)
Lost Your Card?
- Call or come in to report a lost or stolen card, as you’re responsible for any items checked out with the card until we’re notified. Replacement cards cost $1.
Scan Your Card
Your smartphone can be your library card! How it works:
- Install a loyalty card app on your phone (see instructions below)
- Using the self-check stations, open the app, find your library card barcode and hold your phone under the scanner
- That’s it! Now let’s get a loyalty card app on your device.
Installing a card app with Key Ring (There are other options out there too, such as Google Wallet and CardStar)
- Download the Key Ring app for your phone and open app
- Select ‘new user’ and register or ‘skip’ if you don’t want to create an account
- Tap the ‘+’ to add a card
- Scan your library barcode, select a retailer by choosing ‘select a store’ and then ‘other retailer not listed’
- Fill in the description of the card (e.g. library) and tap ‘next’
- Take a picture of your card, if desired or choose ‘skip for now’
- On the next screen, tap ‘create an account’ or choose ‘I’ll risk it’
- Your card will now be available in the ‘Cards’ section of the app
Find the Key Ring app:
- If you have any questions, please call us at 970-243-4442.