It’s June now, and some misguided busybody will probably tell you to get outside, be active, and soak in the summer rays. Please do not listen to them; you will only become sweaty and demoralized. To maximize comfort and optimize reading time, here are a few tips from The Laziest Woman in Town:
- Find a nice, comfy chair. Now is not the time to be austere or worry about your posture.
- Make everyone leave, or just not talk to you (forever). (No, of course not forever. That’s not nice.)
- An open window with a breeze is pleasant. Try to find one.
- A cat nearby (preferably purring) who knows how to mind his own business is a plus. Snuggling and reading, sadly, do not go together.
- Grab the cooling beverage of your choice. Pink lemonade is a solid pick.
- And, of course, have a stack (not too high, though; you don’t want to feel any pressure) of marvelous books that you’ve been longing to read. Here’s what’s in my stack:
What does your summer reading look like, and what’s in your stack?