Get creative with recycled books! Build a project using recycled books, and enter it in a unique arts and crafts show at the Central Library!
The Friends of the Mesa County Libraries are seeking entries for a unique, book-oriented Juried Arts and Crafts Show to be displayed in July and August at the Central Library.
The show focuses on projects using recycled books, and the deadline for entry is Saturday, June 15, 2019.
Interested but need ideas for projects? Search Pinterest online, or browse Mesa County Libraries’ collection of arts and crafts books.
Need books to build your project? Pick up recycled books at the Friends of the Mesa County Libraries Book Drop at the First Congregational Church (Friends are located in the building at the corner of Fourth Street and Kennedy Avenue; please email Claudia at Clheckel64@gmail.com in advance of your visit to ensure access to the Book Drop).
- Saturday, June 15, 2019: Entry Deadline. To enter, please submit digital images of your project to Claudia Heckel at Clheckel64@gmail.com.
- June 24-28: Notification of acceptance.
- June 27-July 1: Accept deliveries of accepted projects.
- July 5-Aug. 29: Juried Arts and Crafts Show at the Central Library, 443 N. 6th St., Grand Junction.
CREATE A PROJECT USING RECYCLED BOOKS
- The contest is open to people 16 years and older.
- Works can be two- or three-dimensional.
- Works CANNOT be free-standing and must have a wire securely attached so they can be hung.
- Works cannot exceed 36 inches by 48 inches, or weigh more than 40 pounds.
- Prizes will be awarded to first-, second-, and third-place winners.
ENTRY AND DEADLINE
- Artists may submit digital images of three projects through Saturday, June 15, 2019. Submit digital images of your project to Claudia Heckel at Clheckel64@gmail.com.
- Juror’s notification of acceptance will be announced by email June 24-28.
- Accepted works must be delivered to the Central Library, 443 N. 6th St., Grand Junction, between June 27 and July 1, 2019.
- All accepted works must be on exhibit at the Central Library for the duration of the show.
- The owner of the work must acknowledge and agree that Friends of the Mesa County Libraries and Mesa County Libraries will not act as agents for the owner.
- Artist’s contact information can be discreetly shown in conjunction with the piece.
- Friends of the Mesa County Libraries and Mesa County Libraries assume no responsibility for the preservation or protection of the display, or any liability for possible damage or theft of these items while in transit or on the library premises. All works accepted for temporary display are submitted at the owner’s risk.
- If you have questions about the show, please email them to Claudia Heckel at Clheckel64@gmail.com