Mesa County Libraries are synonymous with education and offer countless learning opportunities that can stimulate the social and cultural development of our community. Our goal is to provide equal access to books, the Internet, and educational programs to all people in the community, regardless of the socioeconomic status of the people seeking services.
Another way to enrich learning experiences is to have access to art centers, museums, National and State Parks, but that can be very expensive for families, so spending the entire day admiring art, history, science or enjoying nature is not something that everyone can afford. Fortunately, programs like Culture and Nature Passes at Mesa County Libraries provide free access to their patrons.
Below is the list of Culture and Nature Passes at Mesa County Libraries:
- Art Center – admits up to 6 people
- Colorado National Monument – admits one vehicle
- Colorado State Park – admits one vehicle
- Eureka! Science Museum – admits up to 6 people
- Museums of Western Colorado – admits up to 4 people and includes access to Dinosaur Journey in Fruita, Cross Orchards Historic Site in Grand Junction, and Museum of the West in Grand Junction
- Western Colorado Botanical Gardens – admits up to 6 people
- Fruita Arts and Culture board (available only at the Fruita Branch Library)
How to Make a Culture Pass Reservation:
To get started, cardholders can visit the Mesa County Libraries website and follow these steps:
Browse for the pass of your interest, check the catalog for current availability, click the “Place Hold” button and log in with your library card. Then select the branch where you would like to pick up the pass and wait for notification that your pass is ready for pickup. Passes can be checked out for 7 days (please note that not all locations carry each type of pass).
What Do You Need to Get a Library Card?
- Photo ID, such as a driver’s license, state ID, military ID, school ID, or passport.
- Proof of your current Mesa County address from your ID, rent receipt, utility bill, etc. We can mail your card for proof of address, if needed.