- May 2 – August 8
- August 22 – November 28
The AiR application for 2022 is now closed.
January 28, 2022 via email
$500 courtesy of the Mesa County Libraries Foundation
Artists 18 years of age and older, residing in Mesa County, CO, and with a valid library card may apply. Artists selected for this program are at all stages in their careers and work in one or more of the following media: drawing, painting, fiber arts, sculpture, photography, video, music, fiction and nonfiction writing, and poetry. Artists working in other mediums are encouraged to apply and will be considered based on limitations of the studio. Applicants will be required to undergo a background check.
● Ability to teach and conduct workshops or presentations
● Readiness to engage with and benefit from the residency experience
● Artistic expression
● Dates of previous artists of similar items or topics
● Special needs, costs, or requests associated with space use or workshops
● Overall community interest
● Historical prominence or significance of the artist’s work
● Relevance to library programs
While in the 970West Studio, Artists in Residence are expected to comply with the Library’s Code of Conduct. Additionally, each resident is expected to:
- Work with library staff to provide at least three library programs offered during his/her residency.
- Occupy the studio a minimum of six hours per week. A minimum of two of the six hours must be scheduled open studio time for community engagement.
- Provide a short presentation to the MCL Foundation Board about his/her residency.
- Allow the library to provide the following for its online catalog:
- A photograph (taken by staff, in the studio or at a library program) of the artist at work
- One digitized piece of the artist’s work
- A video recording of a brief interview between the artist and the library
The library respects all copyright laws and recognizes that intellectual property rights reside with the artist.