The seven-member Mesa County Libraries Board of Trustees governs the Mesa County Public Library District. The Board of Trustees adopts and oversees the budget, bylaws and policies; conducts long-range planning; and hires and evaluates the library Director. Trustees serve a five-year term, renewable once. Trustees are appointed by the Mesa County Commissioners. Trustees are unpaid volunteers.
The Board meets once a month (with the exception of November), usually on the last Thursday. Time is set aside at each meeting for citizens to be heard. We welcome you to join us at our monthly meetings.
Public Comment Policy:
The following procedure for public comment is in effect.
- A public comment period will be provided at all regularly scheduled Board Meetings of the Mesa County Libraries Board of Trustees.
- Citizens of the Mesa County Public Library District may address the Board only during the time specified for public comment unless otherwise allowed by motion and approval of a majority of the trustees.
- Each speaker is limited to three minutes unless otherwise authorized by motion and approval of a majority of the trustees.
- The official body authorized by law to act on behalf of the District is the Board of Trustees, not individual trustees, administrative staff or employees.
- Speakers will address comments to the Board and not to individual trustees, administrators or staff;
- Trustees will listen to public comment and consider the comments during their deliberations as a Board;
- Trustees will not answer questions or engage in debate during the public comment period;
- Speakers may be directed to staff or other sources for responses to questions raised during the public comment period.
This Policy was adopted by a unanimous vote of the Library Board of Trustees in their regularly scheduled meeting on September 27, 2012
Current Board of Trustees
Laurie Tashiro – President, Dean DiDario – Vice President, Cindy Cyphers – Secretary
Elaine Barnett – Trustee, Barry Blanchard – Trustee, Chris Mahre – Trustee, Jean Yale – Trustee
All regularly scheduled meetings are on the last Thursday of the month at 5:30 p.m. in the Central Library Monument Community Room unless otherwise noted on the agenda. There is no meeting in November, and there is an early meeting in December at 5:00 p.m.
February 23 (Regular Meeting) | Agenda
March 13 (Investment Committee) | Agenda
March 30 (Regular Meeting)
April 27 (Regular Meeting)
May 25 (Regular Meeting)
June 29 (Regular Meeting)
July 27 (Regular Meeting)
August 31 (Regular Meeting)
September 28 (Regular Meeting)
October 26 (Regular Meeting)
December 7 (Regular Meeting)
2016 Board of Trustees Meeting Records
January 12 (Good Governance Committee) | Agenda
January 18 (Executive Committee) | Agenda
April 25 (Finance Committee) | Notice
June 16 (Executive Committee) | Notice
July 21 (Personnel Committee) | Notice
August 10 (Good Governance Committee) | Notice
Board meeting archives for all prior years are available for public inspection upon request in the MCPLD administrative office at the Central Library.
Resources for Trustees
- Colorado Library Law and Quick Guides
- Library Board Training Information
- Colorado Public Library Standards
- Colorado Association of Libraries (CAL)
- MCPLD Board of Trustees Bylaws
Additional financial documents are available upon request. Please call Finance Director Laurie Cole with any budget questions: 970-683-2401.
Annual Audit Report
- 2017 Annual Budget
- 2016 Annual Budget
- 2015 Annual Budget
- 2014 Annual Budget
- 2013 Annual Budget
- 2012 Annual Budget
- 2011 Annual Budget
- 2015 Annual Report
- 2013 Annual Report
- 2013 Mid-Year Report
- 2012 Annual Report
- 2011 Annual Report
- 2010 Annual Report